The libraries of the State Archives are first mentioned in the RD n. 445 of 9 September 1902 (later taken over by legislation RDn 1163 of 2 October 1911, artt.108 - 110), who stated that the library was "primarily" available to employees of the Archives, while being allowed to scholars consultation only in the study room, the books "necessary for their research." The loan is restricted to employees, thus limiting the public use.